We cordially invite you to participate in the “Oral History of the Boerdaerlands” conference that will take place on 7-8 June 2022 in Wrocław. Its main organiser is the “Remembrance and Future” Centre, and Polish Oral History Association offers its patronage to the event.
The organisers invite proposals to present research using the sources and methodology of oral history for the analysis of, among other things, the following issues:
● home / everyday life near the border
● new and old borderlands
● experience of living at the intersection of regions
● people of the borderlands
● imaginary boundaries (of cultures, worldviews, generations, identities, etc.)
● memory and heritage of the frontiers.
At the same time, the organisers would like to invite proposals reflecting on oral history itself as a research method used by representatives of various disciplines and thus situated on the border of different fields of study. For more information, please, visit the website of the conference.
The conference will be held in Polish and English (with simultaneous translation). Proposals in Polish or English should be sent via an online form by 13 February 2022.